Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dragon Boat Festival

Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month. 
Today is the event. We usually eat "tzung Tzu" today and watch the race of the dragon boat. 
My mom usually makes tzung tzu every year. It takes a lot of time to make it, and it is complicated to make it. When I was young, I always tried to help her, but I couldn't make the shape like she made.  
I have long time did not celebrate the event with my family. When I was young, my family would sit in front of TV to watch the race of the dragon boat and ate tzung tzu together。
Now, since I study here, my mother usually keeps the tzung tzu for me until I go back to Taiwan during the summer. 
I really miss my mother's tzung tzu now. I can't wait to go back to Taiwan...



1 comment:

  1. i sometimes miss my mother's homecooking too.. is tzung tzu kind of dumping?

    ReplyDelete