Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Green Island Restaurant - Chinese food

Last week was a long weekend. 
My friend invited me to eat lunch with him in a Chinese restaurant. 
It is located at temple city. I never went this restaurant before. 
It has very good business. I arrived the restaurant at 1:30 pm. I waited for 30 minutes to get a seat.
Before I went into the restaurant I thought it was Taiwanese food because it names "green island" which is part of Taiwan. But the food was not really Taiwanese style. 
I think it might be Hong Kong style. 
My friend and I did not eat much, so we only had two orders. 
We had " Sizzling Prime Rib Eye Fried Rice" and " Braised Duck with Taro" 

I like the fried rice. it was one of the restaurant's famous foods. 
I saw most tables have this order, too. 

I didn't like the duck that much because it was a little bit salty for me.
but, the taste was not bad. And it looks good. 

I think I will go this restaurant again to try other dishes. 

Location:
Green Island Restaurant
9556 Las Tunas Dr., 
Temple City, CA 91780
626-286-6788

1 comment:

  1. The food here looks to Yummy!
    If i'm around this town i'm going to pop in..

    ReplyDelete